Last week I was thrilled to find out that I was nominated by Jattu for the Blogger Recognition Award. I want to take a moment to thank her for recognizing my blog and the work I do here. To say I was pretty dang excited was an understatement. I mean, my blog just launched on June 21st with this post so I didn’t think a blog this new would be found and awarded the recognition just yet. But it did, and for that, I am extremely grateful.
How did my blog start?
For about 2 years now, I’ve wanted to start a blog, but I really didn’t know exactly what my niche would be. So instead of forming a blog I started my website, Create Abundant Health and used it to help grow my mentoring and public speaking business. However, I found myself constantly wanting to share my life struggles and triumphs and finally realized that a blog would suit me better that a simple website would. So here I am now, sharing the tips and tricks that have helped me on my journey to creating a life in which I thrive in.
Advice to New Bloggers (and really to everyone)
- Be Authentic. Seriously. Just be you. Don’t try and copy anyone else’s work. Use language that you’d use if you were talking to your best friend. Be vulnerable and share your struggles and your triumphs because readers will connect with this side of you, more than they’ll connect with the perfectly put together you. Let them really see you.
- Keep it fun. Remember that you started blogging because you enjoy it. We want to keep enjoying it. So make sure you keep things light and fun. Even when deadlines are due, take a break from the work and have a few moments of fun and joy. You’ll come back refreshed and ready to tackle the tasks that need to get done that day.
Now it is my turn to pass the torch and recognize some other bloggers!
- Love the Benefits – A single mom sharing how she manages life
- Elizabeth Colettte – Healthy, Positive Parenting
- Beginning to Wander – Inspiring Travel Blog
- Mrs. Savvy Saver– Where Women Develop Financial Success
- The Baby Mamma – A blog all about babies/parenting
- Jesus Inspired Life – Sharing her Jesus Centered Life
- Humbled Mom – Mom/wife blog – homeschool
- Mommy, I’m Hungry – Funny realities of becoming a mom
- Proud Lincoln Mama – Shares the struggles of her past and her life as a mom
- Her Own Health – Reminding Women that Her Own Health Matters
- Bossfidence – All about being your own boss
- Brooke Brianna – Lifestyle & Beauty Blog
- Fit Dadz – No non-sense health and fitness
- Soultitude– Living Life Modestly
- Spectredart – A place for artists and creatives
If you’ve been nominated, here is what you do next.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
Thanks for stopping by!