“Real Life. Real Mom.” is a new blog, so I thought that I’d help you all get to know me a little more, by sharing 20 random facts about me.
So, here goes nothing…
1. I have lived in only three different small towns in Northern Arizona for my entire life and love the small-town life. However, I am ready for a new adventure, we shall see if what lies in store.
2. I LOVE traveling. I want to see and touch every bit of this amazing earth and learn more about all the diverse lands and people who inhabit it.
3. When I get an idea in my head, I want to take action right away. I’m not big on planning every little detail before I start moving, I just jump in and figure it out as I go.
4. I never planned to be a homeschooling mom. As a kid, I loved school and wanted to be a teacher when I grew up, but I never thought it’d be to my own kids, in our own home. I’d have to say, that I’m pleasantly surprised with the path my life took.
(First experiment in homeschooling)
5. I hate having wet hands. If I’m showering, swimming, or cleaning, I am fine with it. But the moment my hands are out of the water, I have to dry them off before I touch anything. It drives me crazy to see/feel water dripping from my hands.
6. I’m super picky about chicken. My husband laughs because I practically dissect it before eating. I can’t handle tendons, or the big veins or any type of fat/chunky stuff on it.
7. I met my husband on a blind date, that my friend set me up on so that she could go on a date too. The date was two weeks before my 16th birthday and I really didn’t think much would come from the date, I mean, how many people meet their future spouse on a “blind date” when they are still in high school? That night, when he asked my age, I told him I was 16. Well, two weeks later, when I had my birthday, he thought I was turning 17 and didn’t like the truth too much when I told him…oops. But hey, he stuck around anyway.
8. I am always told that I look younger than I am. I am currently 31 years old but am often told I’d pass for a 25-year-old…for now, I’ll take it, but sometimes I get annoyed by it. Like when I look back on my wedding photos and I look like I’m maybe 15! (I was young though at the age of 18) Or even when I’m walking in the store with my 5 kids and people assume I started having kids as a very young teenager.
Look at those young kids!
9. During my Junior and Senior year of high school, I took college classes to help earn my CNA. Then realized that was NOT what I wanted to do, so I didn’t pursue it any further. However, the schooling was free since I was in high school so it helped me get my Associates really quickly and affordably.
10. My favorite color constantly changes. For the past few years I’ve really been drawn to teal, but before that, it was a very particular color or green. I high school I liked orange and blue. So, when someone asks what my favorite color is, my reply is ALL OF THEM!
11. Volleyball is my favorite sport. I can’t ever resist a good game, no matter how out of shape I feel. It brings back memories of the good ol’ days…
12. I LOVE rollercoasters. I crave going for a ride on one, unfortunately, I don’t live anywhere near one, so I don’t get to do it very often.
13. I love playing games. Card games, board games, sports… doesn’t matter. Get me with a group of people who want to play and I’ll be right there with you, ready for a good time.
14.I am the youngest in my family and was born 7 years after my closest sibling. That meant that growing up, I often felt like an only child. Having 5 kids brings a whole new dynamic to my life that I never knew existed. I’m constantly asking my husband if the way our kids act towards each other is “normal” since he came from a family of 6 kids.
Check out that 80’s fashion!!
15. As a little girl, I always wanted 10 kids. (I think this had to do with fact #14) However, now that I am half-way there…I’m good. 5 is plenty for us.
16. I love to drink herbal tea. I love to sit on my front porch and watch the sun rise as I drink it in, or I like to drink it right before bed to help calm and relax after a hectic day.
17. I can pick up just about anything with my toes. It’s genetic…my mom can do it; my aunts and grandma can do it and now I’ve rightfully passed the talent onto my children as well. Trust me, it comes in handy when you’re holding a baby or something else and can’t bend over to pick items up off the floor.
18. I requested that my husband buy me a punching bag for my birthday. Do I want to learn to box?? Not really. I just like to go get some pent-up frustration out and that’s a safe and effective way to do it. Trust me…you should try it sometime.
19. I’ve had surgery 10 times, mostly due to sports and having babies.
20. As a junior in high school, I had the flexed arm hang record. I was small but had great upper body strength. What I wouldn’t give to have that now.
So, there you have it. There are 20 random facts about me. Do you know me a little better? Can you relate to any of those 20 facts? I’d love to hear some random facts from you! Drop them in the comments below.